On 01.11.2018, the “Innovative Education Center” project, which was implemented with the financial support of the Operational Program “Human Resources Development” 2014-2020, co-financed by the European Social Fund of the European Union under Priority Axis 4 “Transnational cooperation”, Procedure BG05M9OP001- 4.001 “Transnational and Danube partnerships for employment and growth”.
The project is implemented by “Bokaya” Association for 12 months on the territory of Vidin, Bulgaria. The foreign partner of the project is the organization “Patronatul Local al Intreprinderilor Mici si Mijlocii (PLIMM) Calafat” from Romania.
The following activities were carried out:
• Activity 1. Organization and management of the project
Objective achieved: Effective management of all resources for the successful achievement of project objectives.
• Activity 2. Information and communication
Achieved goals: Awareness and publicity among the general public of the project, regarding the set goals, results and actions. Ensured transparency in the implementation of activities.
• Activity 3. Preparation of a specific analysis and study of Romania’s experience in the field of employment
Achieved goal: Determining the main reasons for the inability of the residents of Vidin and Kalafat to realize themselves in the labor market, by conducting an online sociological survey.
• Activity 4. Preparing a specific analysis to identify the needs of innovative elements
Objective achieved: Promoting discussion on employment issues and improving equal access to lifelong learning opportunities for all age groups in formal, non-formal and informal ways.
• Activity 5. Preparing a specific analysis of the experience of eight of the Danube countries – Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Romania
Achieved goal: Collection, research and systematization of information on successfully applied social practices in eight member states of the European Union, falling in the Danube region.
• Activity 6. Preparing a specific analysis of the partner organization’s experience
Achieved goal: Monitoring, research and comparison of the development of Romania and Bulgaria in the field of employment provision and the possibilities for implementing innovative work models.
• Activity 7. Adaptation and validation of a social innovation, through the Innovative Education Center model with a web-based platform “Education and Work”
Achieved goal: Created Innovative Education Center and web-based platform “Education and Work”
• Activity 8. Capacity building of the partner organization and stakeholders regarding the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of good practices and innovative approaches through the organization of workshops
Achieved goal: Eight seminars were held with an emphasis on development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of good practices and innovative approaches to increase the capacity of the partner organization and project stakeholders.
• Activity 9. Evaluation of the achieved results from the point of view of applicability of innovative elements
Achieved goal: Carrying out a detailed and precise assessment of the adapted innovative practice and deriving the results of the project’s achievements as a whole.
• Activity 10. Dissemination of the achieved results through the organization of an informational event “Get involved”
Achieved goal: Organizing and holding an informational event “You Get Involved”
In the process of implementation of the planned project activities, the set goals were achieved, namely:
Main objective: Implementation of transnational cooperation between Bulgaria and Romania, with the aim of transferring and introducing social innovations in the field of employment to improve the quality of jobs and ensure equal access to opportunities for lifelong learning.
• Implementation of transnational cooperation in terms of exchange of experience, good practices and models to ensure equal access of the employed to lifelong learning opportunities;
• Exchange of experience, ideas, knowledge, know-how;
• Building partnerships between Bulgaria and Romania with a focus on the field of employment to build networks for identification, transfer and implementation of innovative social practices;
• Creating conditions for improving mobility, employment and the acquisition of additional key competencies in order to increase the competitiveness of the workforce in the region of Vidin and Kalafat;
• Development of human resources, through implementation of transnational cooperation in the field of training and qualification of unemployed, inactive and employed persons with the aim of developing new skills and acquiring new competencies;
• Facilitating communication between employers and job seekers by building a web-based platform “Education and Work”;
The successful implementation of the project supports the implementation of the objectives of OP HRD and IP 6 “Improving equal access to lifelong learning opportunities for all age groups in formal, informal and informal form, updating the knowledge, skills and competences of the workforce , as well as promoting flexible learning processes, including through professional orientation and validation of the acquired competencies of the workforce.”
For additional information: SNC “Bokaya”, address: city of Vidin, 28 Tsar Simeon Veliki St., e-mail: bokaya@admin
One direction – many possibilities!